Are You Ready 4 This!? Are You Ready 4 This!?

Effort was there.. but it just.. lacked

The style of animation has potential, its simplistic and clear. There were a few issues with clarity of sound, but I suppose thats why you stuck in subtitles. Also, spellcheck. For a start, its 'Hebrew'. Not a 'U' in sight.

Secondly, excessive racism dosn't automatically make something funny, nor does cliché stereotyping. Work a little bit more on the script, and don't try to be funny simply by picking on ethnic groups, or it turns into 'big mommas house 2', which as we all know, can't be a good thing.

biocarrotproductions responds:

The "Hebru" was Intentional. Thats his name, Man!

2012 2012

oh FFS.

Great. We finally fucking get the olympics, and then the world ends.

GG, Mayans.

Also, awesome movie. You've managed to make me almost completely paranoid.

- A concerned brit.

Super Mario Land IV Super Mario Land IV

I love you.

I'm a huge fan of this game, and i've closeley followed all the series. Its amazing how much life you can put into a little black and white game just using flash.

I also have you to thank you for my sudden burst of downloads...

<3.

Bigfoot3290 responds:

And to think, this whole series wouldn't have happened if I hadn't come across "Super Mario Land Mega Mix" in the audio portal that fateful day. Khuskan, you do not know you much I've appreciated you musical talents throughout this series. I can honestly say, you were my primary motivator in the production stages of all of these SML's. I'd sit back and listen to your tunes and close my eyes. Instantly, I would begin to conjure images and concepts for my SML's, I couldn't wait to publish them with Flash. As I've said before, I am most pleased that you are receiving bursts of traffic to your songs - I'm hoping to at least help make that SML Mega Mix song a platinum album for ya. Just remember, that this series just wouldn't be the same without your music and remixes. Keep makin' 'em!

Neverending Light Neverending Light

An interesting narrative

While the decision to focus on a story may be somewhat of a downfall, it's an inventive jump for flash games and one worthy of merit. The story flows quite well, and leaves many unanswered questions, which is a good grasp of the concepts of horror.

But as I mentioned, downfall.

There isn't really much of a game. Enemies, for the most part, act as incredibly avoidable barriers leaving you to simply find alternate routes. There's no other challenge other than finding your way - not even the classic bottomless pits are hazardous, the gameplay seems to be equal to that of simply navigating a maze with the odd vanishing wall and collecting bonuses.

Also, the direction you're meant to be taken lacks clarity. I must have run around for ten minutes trying to find a 'weapon' with no real guidance of what exactly I was looking for. While the idea that your friend was getting her guts sucked out of her could have potentially added a challenge, it doesn't seem to make any difference in the long run and you can spend as long as you want working out the ambiguities of the tasks at hand.

While the majority of the voice acting was excellent, the voice of Anabel, notably the main vocal character, was incredibly annoying to me. There was a moment of 'Oh she's going to turn out to be the antagonist' in the elevator which never got resolved'. I'm not sure if it's the writing or just how the lines were delivered, there was just something that made her seem so miscast.

The story is the games saving grace, despite the gripes with the actual game itself, it was enough to keep me trying for 15 minutes to work out exactly what I was supposed to do when finding a weapon seemed like it should be worth it, and it was.

The Wheel of Misfortune The Wheel of Misfortune

What an awesome game.

And I'm totally unbiased.

Those having problems with the tomato levels, make sure you have the latest version of flash player installed.

Lars' Adventure Lars' Adventure

An excellent game

One of the most solid platformers I've played on NG. The engine was defined and well developed which in turn shoveled awesomeness by the bucketload into the rest of the game. Lots of stages with varied artwork through, bosses and all, it's got all the features that full platformers have!

Some of the highlights I got here was the sort of puzzle game feel it also gave to it, with the switches and keys that were hidden just that little bit off screen that you had to explore the level to find them, then memorise the root back. I also loved that continue system, probably the most evil I've ever seen in a game yet, actually showing your score being deducted :-P

So what else could it need?

It's a long game, A save system wouldn't be a miss. Also I feel this game would work very nicely with an online high score system, there dosn't seem to be a fixed high score you can get, given time bonuses (of course it would probably get hacked to heck and back)

Well bloody done.

raitendo responds:

Thanks for the review Khuskan :) the game wouldn't be the same without your music.

Saria's Ragtime Jazz (Zelda) Saria's Ragtime Jazz (Zelda)

Nice arrangement

The concept and composition is excellent, the only gripe I have with it is it's not a live performance - you can tell it's just recorded straigt out whatever score software you used, which is a hell of a shame as it really sucks the expression out of what has the potential to be a really awesome improvised solo in the mid section.

Town At Night Town At Night

Latency

Google and download ASIO 4 All, that should fix your latency issue.

Raschu responds:

Actually I did that, still gave me a 2 sec latency that really bugged me. Anyway thx for the tip.

PX9 Airbass/Zero Gravity Remix PX9 Airbass/Zero Gravity Remix

Woah.

ParagonX9 is a man, baby.

Can't believe people fell for that one.

Godge responds:

Well I did think it was odd that some cute girl would be making tunes like that, but hey how was I supposed to know otherwise?